Pages

In My Feelings or Nah?

Friday, January 9, 2015

Can I speak freely? Cause I NEED to get this off my chest and then I will let a dead dog lie. (No animals were harmed in that last sentence....no need to call PETA)

So I am on a new career path...I think I have mentioned that before. Southern Posh is my baby, my everything, my bread and butter and although it is not an actual child....it's well being and growth is uber important to me.

I am not the one who boasts and brags or expect people to praise me for doing anything that is cause for a worthy mention. However, I do expect my "friends" to support me as I have supported them. I have listened to desperate sobs over the phone when someone has had their heart broken, I have been the shield for some when they were defenseless and many other friend like things that true friends do. I don't expect anything in return....I promise.

But sometimes it would be nice to have someone support me in my time of need or hell with my business. I know when you put a lot of effort into something such as a passion or a business, you can become overly sensitive because you are doing the best you can do and it is your pride. It wasn't until I had lunch with my college friend, that I had a chance to voice my inner most thoughts.

I expressed to her how I felt like friends don't fully go hard for me and my business. I do not expect them to wave banners on the side of the street but I do expect them to ask me how its going, like a freaking instagram photo or go read and comment or like my blog posts on the website. I understand people have jobs, children and husbands but you make time for what is important and maybe they don't think their support is important to me or they just don't think its important to show support.

Anyway back to the conversation I was having with college girl fraaan...so she explained that I was not in my feelings and that I had the right to have those feelings because in her many ventures, she has felt that same way. She explained to me that many people may not understand my hustle, they may not appreciate the fact that I have to grind for the coins I get and may look at my small business as just that, a small business. She continued to say that people sometimes don't take it serious because we don't punch a clock or have someone paying us for our hours on the hour.

I sat back and I actually saw the situation from another side and although it is still messed up, I can't be mad or upset with these people because they simply may not understand or they just don't want to and in that case...that's their ignorance.

Even though it hurts my feelings at times, I am using this as a motivating factor. I am the type of person when someone doubts me, I grind harder. And this is just what I am going to do. I won't be sad, I will be successful. So watch out 2015, I am coming for you and I will excel in my craft.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!!! ...and unfortunately, I know exactly how you feel! I just posted a Facebook status very similar to this, yesterday. All in All... God is NOT the author of confusion.... Maybe missing out on those things you desire is what is fueling you to get to the next level! Believe it or not, your courage has inspired me. Those seasons of loneliness are meant for us to be diligent, be patient, reflect and release everything that can hinder us from our destiny! You are Fabulous and I can't wait to see what's in store for you! Keep Pushing - Great Post!

    Xoxo
    Chelsi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off thanks for reading and commenting. Your blog is amazeballs! You are absolutely right though, I am using the lack of support as a driving force to succeed. And I am glad you can be inspired. Just remember you are capable of all things and you can go out on faith and accomplish anything.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs