Pages

Inner Peace, Please...

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

 


So I guess change does come with age and experience because over the past years I have evolved into a woman. And I know you're thinking, "Duh, that's what happens as you get older" but I am thinking of it in another way. I look back on last year and I think, "Wow, I have come a long way".

From being in my early Twenty-Something's and hanging out late with friends to now trying to settle down and make something of myself so that one day when I have children, they will have someone positive to view.

You really don't think about those things when you're in your early Twenty-Something phases of life. You think you're invincible and you have all the time to do everything in the world. And I guess that is the beauty of being a young Twenty-Something because, nothing seems impossible. You feel like the world is your playground and you have the time in the world to do literally everything!!

You believe this whole heartily until you reach your mid Twenty-Something's because by now, you have lived some life after college and you notice that the past "should haves" and the "would haves" of life are just that...in the PAST.

There has been a lot of mistakes I have made and I often think to myself, "If I knew then what I know now". But never the less, I will never have regrets for anything that has transpired in my life because I take everything as a learning lesson.

So as I continue to figure this Twenty-Something thing out, I have decided to be the best me that I can possibly be. I want to be surrounded by positive people, things and I want to do good. I want to take advantage of everyday and live my life to the fullest because now I realize we only have one life and we should love and share precious moments with the ones we love.

I have started to do just that and it feels so good. I wake up now with a new outlook and a readiness for each day and the lesson that comes with it. Even with bad days, I always find the good in them. When I have a bad day I still give thanks to God and I like to say, "Without this day, I would not be the person I am and I thank you for waking me up because someone didn't have this opportunity". I am a lot more grateful and I love the lessons that I learned in my early Twenty-Something days because without them I wouldn't be the person I am nor would I have the inner peace I have gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs