Pages

I Like My Money Where I Can See It.....In my Closet!!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Just like every other Twenty-Something girl, I have hit a point in my life where I am torn between where I should shop and what clothes I should wear. And if you haven't given this thought or your concern level has not risen with that last sentence, you may be a Twenty-Something thot. (Like should I say trendy words like that anymore?.....see the problem?)

So at any rate, I LOVE clothes and I absolutely love to shop! My favorite style is what I call, "I woke up and my hair just happened to have soft waves and I am wearing this black V-neck with black jeans and my black leather jacket, with my tan ankle boots and army fatigue belt that matches the ankle boots and my personalized gold stamp necklace paired with my gold hamsa hand set and not to mention the countless number of gold tribal printed gold rings, simply because this look is effortless and it seems as if I don't care but I really planned all this out" And I meant to be grammatically incorrect by the way....

But I also like to dress up and wear heels and do the full beat (make-up). But I have realized some of the trendy stores that once peaked my interest just does not seem to fit the bill anymore!! And I don't know if this is my Twenty-Something life crisis or what but I need someone to comment and tell me if I am losing it or has my style just changed?

I still have friends that like the same stores we shopped at in college and that just doesn't appeal to me anymore. My once beloved Forever 21, is like an embarrassment for me now. I don't even go in there because I feel like the young Twenty-Something year olds are looking at me like, "Girl, you're almost forever 30!" (Don't try to guess my age either!)

I won't make it seem like I won't go in forever 21 and purchase $7.50 jeans or a sweater, I am just saying the crop tops and some other young fashion is just not my cup of tea anymore...I drink Champagne now (Champs on ice ya'll!!)

But I guess I am not knocking the ones who still wave their Forever 21 flags and if that's still your go to, that's fine. But I have some other stores/boutiques that I like now and they are listed below:
  1. Vestique - They have stores in Charlotte (NC), Raleigh and Cary (NC) and Charleston (SC)
  2. Silver Gallery - In friendly shopping center (Greensboro, NC)
  3. Express - That's common
  4. The Loft - Common
  5. Banana Republic - Common
  6. Monkee's - Winston Salem (NC), Greensboro (NC), Charlotte (NC) and I am not sure where else
  7. Rebeccca & Co.
  8. Anthropology

These are just a few alternatives if you find yourself thinking am I to twenty-something to shop here?

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs