Pages

Queen

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Author: Unknown

Sometimes you'll just be too much woman.
Too smart, too sexy, too strong.
Too bold, too beautiful, too real.
Too much of something that makes a man feel like less of a man,
which will start making you feel like you have to be less of a woman to be with that man.
One of the biggest mistakes you can make as a woman is removing jewels from your crown to make it easier for a man to carry.
You do not need a smaller crown.
You need a man with bigger hands.
 
I am not sure who wrote the poem that's above, but what I do know the truth that lies behind it. In today's society, women endure a lot. And if you are a woman of color, you endure the most out of any other woman (my opinion)...but I am not writing about the different races of women and who has the hardest trials to deal with in life, because we all have our struggles. This blog is about uniting women. All women. We need a lot more of that these days.
 
These days, I just want to uplift each other, everyone is a phenomenal woman in her own way. For a long time I wouldn't let my light shine because I wanted to fit in with a certain group of people. And I have been guilty of dulling my light for the likes of a man or should I say boy, because I real man will never allow you to dull your light for him. Now I am not ashamed of these things because its something that I had to learn on my own. At my own time. When I was ready. You get the picture.
 

My Story

I was in a relationship that was toxic. We were oil and water but since that's all we knew, we stuck with it. I always say I never really had the freshman college experience because I was consumed with what he was doing and I didn't want to stray to far away from him. I dimmed my light so much to the point that I wasn't the fun loving, easy going person I had once been. I wasn't out going, I had lost my edge. I quit the cheerleading squad two days before the first game (even though I only had to tryout the first day, because I made the team...the first day!!! This is college cheerleading...I dreamed of this) because I wouldn't be able to go home as I pleased...basically to see him. All I have to say is hind sight is 20/20.
 
There is a lot more to this story about "him" but I'll keep it very cute and simply say, I got tired! I got tired of being alone in my dorm room when my friends were out having fun. I got tired of not doing the things I wanted to do because I was afraid I wouldn't gain acceptance. And I was tired of dulling my light down to make someone else feel like he was "the man"....PLEASE!
 
One day I looked in the mirror and I realized the woman I wanted to be and I realized that I was the only one who could hold me back from becoming that phenomenal woman who shines so bright. I will never dull my light again for anyone. Male. Female. It doesn't matter who the person is.
 
I am no therapist, psychologist, shrink...whatever you want to say, and I don't have all the answers out of life or maybe even in this topic but what I do know is that I will always be true to myself. I want every woman out here to know that she is worth it. She is worth whatever she envisions, desires for herself or wants. You don't have to let your light be dimmed for a man or anyone else who wants to shade your shine.
 
We are all Queens and we all have phenomenal traits and attributes to relinquish upon society in our own way. We just need to look deep within ourselves and each other to allow our lights to shine.
 
I hope you let your light shine and if you see someone else dimming their light to fit into a situation, instead of overlooking her, take her by the hand and encourage her. Tell her how bright her light can be. And if you don't have the words to say it, direct her to this blog. I am currently in the business of encouraging.
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs