Pages

Valentine's Day: Men's Edition

Wednesday, February 11, 2015



Being a woman, I often wonder what men think about Valentine's Day. Like do they get excited? Do they plan months in advance? Like what is really on their minds!!?

So I asked three men that are at different stages in their life and relationships a few questions that us girls may NEED to know....and I am completely being funny when I say NEED..its more of a want to know basis.

The First Time Valentine's Guy

 Brandon & Lily

 Q Do you feel pressured to go all out for this Valentine's Day since its your first time spending Valentine's Day together?
 A Absolutely. With this being our very first Valentine's Day together I feel like I have to make a lasting impression. Our anniversary is also a week after Valentine's Day so yeah, there's some pressure on me to get this right.

Q Are you allowing her to make plans or are you taking the initiative to plan something without her knowledge?
 A If she would like to make plans, there's no way I'd stifle her. Let's combine ideas and make the day more impactful and fun.
 
Q Is it important to you to receive a gift from her?

 A Not at all. It would be a surprise. 

Q What is your idea of an amazing Valentine's Day?A Uninterrupted time alone with the woman I love. Free from any distractions, and lots of snacks.
 
Q Most guys aren't into Valentine's Day, but since you have a special someone, are you more excited this go round?
 A I'm super excited. I'm looking at it as a primer for the following week, which, as I mentioned is our anniversary.  The timing of it all keeps me abreast.

Q Describe your idea of an amazing Valentine's Day...(sort of asked this one twice but he was a trooper and answered it again...hehehe)
A Seeing the woman I love smile all day would be amazing. And also taking time to reach out to those I love and to let them know that they're loved and appreciated.

The Two Years In Guy's Valentine's Day


Curtis & Bre

 Q What did you do for the first V-day together?
A Last V-day we spent in charlotte at Maggiano's an Italian cuisine in south park area, I was working so we didn’t do as much as I would have liked but I make up for it daily
 
Q Do you get excited about V-day? Will you let her plan?
A Yes I get excited about making my partner smile from ear to ear every time, but V-day is when you should go that extra mile to give her wrinkles on her face. She honestly do have a say so, but as of planning she don’t have much say on the particular activities.
 
Q  How will you top last year?
A I top myself with every single holiday. It’s about stepping out the box and re-inventing yourself every time. BE SPONTANEOUS that’s the key. Do things you know you would never do that usually adds the shock value.
 
Q  Is it important to receive a gift?
A No I never really expect anything I’m use to making the woman in my life happy that’s enough for my happiness
 
Q What does V-day mean to you?
A  V-day is a day to spread love to one another on a higher level than usual, making sure the people around you know that you cherish them and their feelings.

The Married Guy's Valentine's Day

Brandon, Avery & Jordan

Q Who normally plans Valentine's Day festivities? If its you, would you want your wife to plan Valentine's Day sometime?
A Normally on valentines day I plan the festivities because I'm normally putting together some type of surprise that includes many clues and different stages of excitement for my wife.. I wouldn't mind if my wife wanted plan festivities if she felt a little spontaneous. That's the good thing about being married you don't have to play by the book you create your own story. So it's good to do a little bit of "usher trading places".
 
Q Is it important for you to receive something from your wife on Valentine's Day?
A I don't think that receiving something on valentines day is as important it's just an add on to help celebrate the real gift of love because everyone is not able to identify and maintain.... love. So if you have found that love, it is truly a gift that you are receiving everyday. But receiving a gift is not my love language. It's my wife's so receiving gifts would be more important to her and I support that.  This is why it's important to know your significant others love languages. That way you will always be on target with what you give and receive.
 
Q Do you like to feel special? Or are you all about showing love to your wife?
A I think that everyone likes to feel special and some are capable of showing love more than others like myself. But I believe that every relationship should have balance. Feeling special is a feeling and showing love or receiving love is more than a feeling. To certain individuals one is more beneficial than the other. But I believe that showing Love reaches further than making someone feel special. Feeling special has its own timing. Showing love and being love doesn't always make you feel special right away because sometimes you can't understand the type of love it is that someone is showing you until the outcome of it blows your mind. So then you experience love and you're  feeling special all at same time because someone chooses to love you in a way couldn't imagine.
 
Q After years of spending Valentine's Day together, how will you spice it up this year?
A What I have always done is listen.... you listen good enough and the desires of you wife's or girlfriends heart will speak right to you. Then you take it and turn it into something out of your own creativity to speak to her love language. So that's how I keep it spicy .. give her what her heart desires.. whatever it's wanting, if it's mental treatment or physical treatment or all the above.
 
Q Now that you have a child, do you include her? If so, what do you all do?
A Yes I include my little one.. I have to be her example of a real valentine. She likes to eat so I'll take her out with us and let her witness how me and my wife treat each other on valentines day.....or any day.

My Thoughts

I appreciate each of the Men who answered my questions about Valentine's Day. These men are equally amazing (as if you couldn't tell I know them personally). I have come to the conclusion that guys, just like girls love to be loved and it's all about the love on Valentine's Day.

I hope everyone enjoys their Valentine's Day and if you don't have a special Valentine, show someone you care about you love them and appreciate them in your own special way. In the end, we all just want to be loved.

Feedback! I love feedback...answer some of the questions above, let's chat!

1 comment:

  1. The Gift of Love is precious and it's amazing to see that, even though these men are at different stages, they all cherish their loved ones and understand that it's more about being selfless and seeing another genuinely happy.. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs